Posts filed under 'Epcot'
Flowers? Jewelry? A day at the spa? With Mother’s Day less than two weeks away, you may be scrambling to find that perfect gift. We understand how important mothers are and came up with this list of our top heart-felt Mother’s Day gift ideas. These unique last-minute ideas require little planning and can be shared with the entire family to create lasting memories and make mom feel extra special.
World Famous Gospel Brunch®
House of Blues® Orlando
Located at the House of Blues® in the Downtown Disney ®area, experience this world-famous gospel brunch with inspiring gospel musical performances and a delicious buffet. Debuting May 12 during a special Mother’s Day Gospel Brunch®, Grammy-Award® winning star Kirk Franklin is transforming the brunch with an all-new menu featuring Southern favorites and a mix of traditional and contemporary music. Click here for more information.
Afternoon Tea at Grand View Tea Room
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Offered from 2-4:30 p.m. daily, treat mom to a relaxing afternoon tea. Choose from a variety of fine tea offerings paired with an assortment of tea sandwiches, scones, tarts, pastries, cheeses and more. Look out for seasonal selections. Click here for more information.
An original old-Florida attraction, LEGOLAND has taken great care to preserve the soul of the park – the historic gardens established on the grounds of its Cypress Gardens predecessor more than 75 years ago. Between exciting LEGOLAND rides and shows, be sure to visit this section of the park with a collection of native plants including azaleas and camellias along with exotic species including a vast Banyan tree that was planted as a seeding in 1939. Click here for more information.
The Bird Rookery and Panther Springs
Thoughts of alligators, snakes and reptiles may not sound appealing to her at first but moms who are animal lovers are sure to be delighted by some of Gatorland’s less scaly animal inhabitants. If she enjoys bird watching, she’ll be amazed by the more than 20 species of wild birds nesting in the Bird Rookery including some listed as endangered or protected. Also, she can come face-to-face with rare endangered Florida panthers in the brand-new Panther Springs exhibit. Click here for more information.
Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival
Instead of a bouquet or flower arrangement, give her the gift of thousands of types of colorful flowers with a visit to the Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival. Enjoy photo opportunities with the family next to more than 75 topiaries or savor garden-inspired snacks at the Garden Marketplaces. If your mom loves butterflies, be sure to stop by Tinker Bell’s Butterfly House filled with live friendly fluttering butterflies. Click here for more information.
Mother’s Day Brunch featuring “Gone with the Wind”
A great girls morning out, celebrate moms and all the wonderful women in your life during a screening of the classic award-winning film, “Gone with the Wind,” and a delectable brunch buffet. In addition, there will be live music and each guest will receive a complimentary mimosa. Brunch is served at 10 a.m. and the film begins at 11 a.m. Click here for more information.
Mother’s Day Fondue
The Melting Pot of Orlando
Treat mom to deliciously indulgent fondue and melt her heart. This unique dining experience is great for small groups and includes a special pre-fixed Mother’s Day menu with your choice of a bubbling cheese fondue, salad, entrée and delectable chocolate fondue dessert. Moms will receive a Melting Pot gift bag, a complimentary mimosa and chances to win trips or prizes. Click here for more information.
Vacation to Orlando or Captiva Island
All Star Vacation Homes
Wisk mom away on a vacation getaway from All Star Vacation Homes with family and friends. Reserve a vacation home with All Star in either Captiva Island, FL, just steps from the beach, or Orlando, minutes from Walt Disney World® Resort and other attractions. Choose from more than 250 vacation homes, town homes and condos featuring private pools and spas, multiple master bedrooms, home theaters, full kitchens, game rooms and more. For the ultimate gift, schedule her an in-home massage, a personal chef or one of our Memory Making Ideas. Visit www.AllStarVacationHomes.com to reserve a home.
May 1st, 2013
Registration opened Tuesday for 2014 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend, January 8-12. One of the most “magical” collections of races on the planet, register now and challenge yourself to a 26.2-mile Marathon run through all four Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, the 13.1-mile Walt Disney World® Half Marathon, the 6.2-mile Walt Disney World® 10K or the 3.1-mile Disney Family Fun Run 5K. If you’re an avid runner, sign up for Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge and complete both the Half Marathon and the Marathon – and debuting this year, experience the ultimate endurance test, register for the Dopey Challenge and run the 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon! Kids can be a part of the excitement too with special runDisney Kids Races designed for children of all ages – even toddlers!
Complete Schedule of Races:
Thursday, January 9
Disney Family Fun Run 5K
runDisney Kids’ Races
Friday, January 10
Walt Disney World® 10K
runDisney Kids’ Races
Saturday, January 11
Walt Disney World® Half Marathon
Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge
runDisney Kids’ Races
Sunday, January 12
Walt Disney World® Marathon
Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge
Click here for race times, registration information and more. Registration is closed for the 5K and 10K races.
In conjunction with Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend, meet fellow runners and make new friends during a variety of special events. Visit the Disney’s Health & Fitness Expo where runners and non-runners alike can learn about training, racing, fitness, nutrition and more. At the Pasta in the Park Parties and Breakfast, relax, recharge and refuel before or after your big race. At the conclusion of Marathon Weekend, celebrate your accomplishments with family and friends at the Cool Down Party at Downtown Disney®. For more information on Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend, click here.
April 12th, 2013
Instead of a midnight snack, register for a heaping helping of fitness! Registration begins at midnight on March 12 for Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend, November 8-9. Whether you’re a serious runner or simply looking for an activity to get the whole family moving, there’s a special race for everyone. Plus, you can celebrate your finish and hard work with mouthwatering food at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival. Choose from the following races and get ready to dine and dash:
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon – More than just dinner on the run, the Half Marathon twists and turns through three beautiful, night-lit Walt Disney World Resort® Theme Parks. Receive encouragement from Disney entertainment motivating you towards the finish line and the exclusive Finish Line Party at the Epcot® International Food and Wine Festival that awaits.
- Mickey’s Jingle Jungle 5K – A family run on the “wild side,” this 5K winds through Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park and past some amazing animals. All types and levels of runners are invited to join the fun.
- runDisney Kids’ Races– Every runner goes home a winner in these kid-friendly races designed for children 13 and under. Kids can sign up for the Kids Dashes or the challenging One Mile Run. There’s even a Diaper Dash for crawlers.
In addition, at the Finish Line Party, treat yourself to the ultimate reward – enjoy after-hours admission to the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival just for race participants and families and friends. Sample and savor delicious food and beverages from 25 international kiosks throughout the Epcot® World Showcase. Spend the evening partying and celebrating your success for a job well done!
Click here for more race information. Don’t forget, registration opens at midnight on Tuesday, March 12. Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend events fill up fast so register early to guarantee your spot.
March 8th, 2013
St. Patrick’s Day, Sunday, March 17, is less than three weeks away! If you’re “lucky” enough to enjoy the holiday during your Orlando vacation, check out these festive tips for celebrating in your All Star vacation home and discover a pot o’ gold of fun!
- “The Wearing of the Green” – Start your day by adding a little green to your wardrobe. Dress to impress in your favorite green attire and don’t forget to accessorize with necklaces, hats and pins. Encourage everyone to join in and wear something green.
- Feast – After all, St. Patrick’s is a feast day! Add a little green food coloring to your family’s favorite dishes for an easy way to add flair. Serve green milk, punch and juice drinks. For breakfast, try green pancakes or waffles. For lunch, nibble on celery with green ranch dipping sauce and corned beef sandwiches. For dinner, journey to Ireland with authentic cuisine like shepherd’s pie, cabbage, fish and chips, potato pancakes and Irish stew. Sample a “rainbow” of colorful fruit for dessert. You’ll have all the tools you need to cook your “feast” in the fully equipped kitchen in your vacation home. If you don’t want to cook, All Star’s Guest Services Team can arrange for a caterer or chef to prepare an Irish-inspired feast right in your vacation home.
- Crafts – Little Leprechauns and adults alike will enjoy making a variety of St. Patrick’s Day crafts. Make a clover pin, Mickey and Minnie headbands, paper crafts and decorations to hang up in your vacation home. You can also bake and decorate treats like clover-shaped sugar cookies, rainbow cupcakes and Mickey’s shamrock shorts cookies. Click here to download instructions and templates.
- “The Luck of the Irish” – Have you seen the 2001 Disney Channel Original Movie, “The Luck the Irish?” The Disney XD network will be showing reruns of the movie throughout March. Tune in to the movie in your vacation home’s living area or home theater or catch a St. Patrick’s Day TV special.
- Walt Disney World® Resort – If you want to get out and about on St. Patrick’s Day, there’s plenty to see and do at Walt Disney World® Resort. You can shop the Theme Parks for St. Patrick’s Day-themed pins and collectables and visit the United Kingdom Pavilion in Epcot® for special activities. For the ultimate family-friendly St. Patrick’s Day party, stop by Raglan Road at the Downtown Disney® area with Irish food and drink, Irish dancing and workshops, Celtic music, face painting and stilt walkers.
If you have any ideas or suggestions for how your family likes to celebrate, share them with us on the All Star Vacation Homes Facebook page. To reserve a vacation home with All Star, or plan a St. Patrick’s Day vacation for next year, click here.
February 27th, 2013
Have you heard the buzz? Exciting new additions are sprouting up for the 20th annual Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival, March 6-May 19. Along with colorful flowers and plants blanketing Epcot®, Disney Character topiaries, The Flower Power Concert Series and gardening workshops and presentations from HGTV and DIY personalities, you’ll “dig” some brand-new experiences presented in celebration of the festival’s 20th year. Roll up your sleeves, put on your garden gloves and enjoy a harvest of surprises for your family to enjoy:
- New Topiary Additions – Take in the sights and smells of whimsical Disney Character-shaped shrubs and topiaries including themes like Party with Mickey and Friends, Disney•Pixar’s “Monsters University” featuring Mike and Sully, Phineas and Ferb, Disney•Pixar’s “Radiator Springs” featuring Lightning McQueen and Friends, plus many more!
- Garden Marketplaces – Do you love noshing your way around the “World” at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival? If so, you won’t want to miss savoring spring garden-inspired food and drink at select World Showcase pavilions – each with their own national twist!
- Illuminated Gardens – For the first time, some of your favorite topiaries and gardens now light up at sundown. Plan to stay after dark for more magical moments and photo opportunities.
- Land of Oz – Kids are encouraged to explore this strange new land and play area inspired by the Disney film “Oz The Great and Powerful.” Children can stretch their imaginations and muscles in Cozy Domes® and Evos® play systems.
- Garden Passport, Presented by HGTV – Stop by the Festival Center and grab a complimentary Garden Passport for a guide to this year’s festival. Some attractions are labeled “TRY it!” to plant the seeds of fun and invite your family to see new things, taste new foods and enjoy more together!
In addition, you can also meet new DIY superstars and learn new tips at the HGTV Designers’ Stage and rock out during The Flower Power Concert Series with some bands making their festival debut.
What will your family unearth at the Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival, March 6-May 19? Admission and attendance to most festival special events are included with Theme Park admission to Epcot®. Please note availability is limited for some events. Click here for more information.
February 7th, 2013
The holiday season is on its way! Soon it will be time to unpack ornaments, hang decorations, bake Christmas cookies, share meals and spend time with family. For 2012, Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Orlando® Resort, SeaWorld® Orlando and LEGOLAND® Florida are spreading holiday cheer with the return of your favorite holiday events and some festive additions. Whether you are celebrating a child’s first Christmas, making new holiday memories, reconnecting with friends or simply want to enjoy at getaway to Orlando, you’ll find something for everyone on your list. Checking it twice is optional!
SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration
Select nights, November 17-December 31
Waves of holiday spirit splash over you and your family during SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration. Walk through a sea of more than 100 trees that sparkle to music, watch a special holiday show starring Shamu, take an enchanted ride to the North Pole to meet Santa at The Polar Express Experience, learn about the meaning of Christmas with Sesame Street® friends and laugh along with Santa’s funny flippered helpers, Clyde and Seamore. Included in regular admission.
Holidays Around the World – Candlelight Processional
Epcot® at Walt Disney World® Resort
November 23-December 30
Attend international celebrations of Yuletide traditions at Holidays Around the World. As part of Holidays Around the World, enjoy a celebrity narrated retelling of the story of Christmas during the Candlelight Processional accompanied by a 50-piece orchestra and mass choir. Included in regular admission. Tip: seating for the Candlelight Processional often fills quickly; arrive early or secure a seat by purchasing a dining package.
Grinchmas™ Wholiday Spectacular
Islands of Adventure® at Universal Orlando® Resort
December 1-January 1
Seuss Landing™ transforms into the whimsical world of Grinchmas! Settle into story time with a live retelling of “The Grinch” featuring music recorded by Mannheim Steamroller. Meet friendly Whos from Who-ville as they stroll through Seuss Landing. Get an unforgettable autograph or get your photo taken with the mean Mr. Grinch himself! Included in regular admission.
Macy’s Holiday Parade™
Universal Studios Florida® at Universal Orlando® Resort
December 1-January 1
See actual floats and balloons direct from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade® in New York City. Dance and clap along with a parade featuring marching bands, clowns and even Santa. Afterward, treat yourself to gingerbread cookies and watch the tree lighting. Other entertainment throughout the theme park includes The Blues Brothers® Holiday Show, A Barney® Holiday show for young “elves” and performances from Mannheim Steamroller (on select nights.) Included in regular admission.
Weekends in December
Have you ever seen a giant Christmas tree that was made of LEGO® bricks? Examine a more than 30-foot-tall tree built from a combination of 270,000 forest green LEGO® and DUPLO® bricks. As part of the Christmas Bricktacular, visit the historical botanical gardens decorated for the holidays, take pictures with Santa and attend the tree lighting ceremony. Included in regular admission. Tip: stay until dark to get a good nighttime view of the lighted LEGO tree.
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
Disney’s Hollywood Studios® at Walt Disney World® Resort
Through January 6
This breathtaking display of millions of glittering lights, choreographed to holiday music, lines the Streets of America at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®. A holiday tradition started by the Osborne family’s annual display of lights, this exhibition of multicolored lights blankets entire buildings and will leave you awestruck. On select nights, the 10-minute light show features a finale of dancing snow. Included in regular admission.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Magic Kingdom® Park at Walt Disney World® Resort
Select nights through December 21
Holiday magic returns to the Magic Kingdom® Theme Park with special decorations and Castle Dream Lights on Cinderella Castle. Experience Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade, an exclusive fireworks show, snow fall on Main Street U.S.A., holiday shows and meet and greet opportunities with Disney Characters. Requires separate event admission ticket.
Visit the official websites for each theme park for more information on holiday events and activities, admission details, event dates and times. You’re sure to make a stocking full of memories at these famous holiday events!
November 12th, 2012
Up until it was put in “park” for refurbishment, Test Track at Epcot® floored theme park visitors by sending them on a ride through vehicle safety and performance testing procedures. Beginning December 6, strap in for an all-new interactive experience at the re-imagined Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet®. Join your family to learn how cars are created and experience automotive design firsthand! “Burn rubber” and speed off for an adventure around the Test Track circuit.
Start your engine for an exhilarating driving experience designed by YOU at Test Track Presented by Chevrolet. Step into the design studio to create your ideal virtual concept vehicle individually or with family and friends. Then board a six-passenger SimCar to test your design against the attraction’s SimCar. How will your car compare in capability, efficiency, responsiveness and power? Test your car at speeds up to 65 miles per hour, up and down hills, through hairpin turns and straightaways. After your test drive, see how your car performed in the post-show area and then race it over changing terrains and extreme conditions on a digital driving table. You can also produce and share a TV commercial for your concept vehicle and explore a Chevrolet showroom of the latest models on display.
Test Track Presented by Chevrolet is planned to open at Epcot®, December 6. The Test Track attraction is included in theme park admission. If you are planning a visit to Epcot® before December 6, be sure to stop by the Test Track Pavilion to see a sneak peek of the SimCar (pictured in this post.)
November 5th, 2012
The Walt Disney World® Marathon and Marathon Weekend attract runners from all over the world each year for a race throughout the Theme Parks. But did you know Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend also includes a run designed for families? The Disney Family Fun Run 5K, on Friday, January 11, 2013, is a family-friendly race that even includes a Stroller Walk Division for children too small to run. Register today and get your family moving!
Gather your family and join the fun during this official Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend event. During the Disney Family Fun Run 5K, adults, teens and tweens race untimed through Epcot®. Run past Future World and around the World Showcase area, enjoying Disney entertainment along the way. Make memories with your family as you cross the finish line together and receive a 5K Finisher medallion. Families with young children can sign up for the Stroller Walk Division of the Disney Family Fun Run 5K and walk the course to the finish at their own pace. After the race, celebrate your race victory with post-race refreshments.
Registration is open but filling fast for the Disney Family Fun Run 5K at Epcot®, January 11, 2013. Click here for registration fees and information. Sign-up today and motivate your family to get in shape!
October 22nd, 2012
If you and your family are vacationing in Orlando soon, you might have a unique opportunity to be a part of Disney history! October 1, Epcot® will be celebrating its 30th anniversary at Walt Disney World® Resort. In celebration of the historic milestone, join the excitement during exclusive presentations and events that mark the occasion and highlight key achievements of the Theme Park.
Throughout the day, don’t miss the following events, presentations and attractions and your chance to experience Disney history first-hand:
- Designing the Future – Past and Present – A panel of Disney Imagineers remembers 30 years of building tomorrow. 1-2 p.m.
- Special Anniversary Moment at America Gardens Theatre – Presentation with Disney leaders and performances by Mariachi Cobre and Voices of Liberty. 3 p.m.
- Epcot®: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar – History of Epcot® from Walt’s vision as an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. 4:30-6 p.m. and 6:30-8 p.m.
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth – The popular fireworks, laser and water show with a 30th anniversary commemorative finale. 9 p.m.
- 30th anniversary merchandise – T-shirts, hats and other souvenir 30th anniversary items will be available for purchase the entire day.
Admission to the 30th Anniversary of Epcot®, October 1, and its special events are included with Theme Park admission to Epcot®. Please note there is limited seating for some presentations so get there early to ensure your spot. Click here for more information. Congratulations Epcot®!
September 21st, 2012
What pairs better with food than a glass of fine wine? Musical entertainment! Offering more than amazing cuisine and culinary experiences when it begins September 28, the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival also presents the Eat to the Beat Concert Series. Enjoy three show times daily from one of nearly 20 musical groups, including some acts making their festival debut. The schedule of performers will be music to your family’s ears:
STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas
Boyz II Men
Smash Mouth – NEW
Javier Colon, winner of “The Voice” – NEW
The Pointer Sisters
Howard Jones LIVE
Blues Traveler – NEW
Dennis DeYoung, original member of STYX – NEW
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Admission to the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, during the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival, September 28-November 12, 2012, is included with Theme Park admission to Epcot®. Show times are presented daily at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8 p.m. in the America Gardens Theatre at World Showcase. Entertainment is subject to change without notice. Click here for more information.
September 18th, 2012
The Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival, September 28-November 12, 2012, is famous for its international food and beverage marketplaces, signature dining experiences, culinary demonstrations and musical acts of the Eat to the Beat Concert Series. For its 17th year, embark on an all-new culinary adventure with two brand-new marketplaces and four culinary experiences. Whether you attend the festival year after year or this is your first visit, get ready to smell the aromas, see the colors, feel the textures, hear the sizzles and taste the flavors unlike ever before!
- Florida Local – A taste of Florida! Sample the diverse flavors that make up the Sunshine State with items such as a White Corn Arepa with Mangalitsa Pork Rillette and Zellwood Sweet Corn Salad and Florida Shrimp Ceviche with Fire Roasted Vegetables, Fried Plantains and Cilantro. Beverages include Florida Beer Company Florida Lager and Florida Orange Grove Hurricane Class 5.
- Terra – The first-ever marketplace of its kind! Indulge in robust vegan offerings like Trick’n Chick’n Curry with Basmati Rice featuring Gardein Chick’n Breast, Chili Colorado with House Made Chips & Cashew Cheese, featuring Gardein Beefless Tips and Chocolate Cake with Passion Fruit Sorbet and Coconut Foam. Beverages include Paul Dolan Sauvignon Blanc and Silk® Berry Smoothie.
- The Chocolate Experience: From the Bean to the Bar Hosted by Ghirardelli® Chocolate Company – Perfect for chocolate lovers! Learn the historic origins of chocolate, marvel at delicious chocolate sculptures, taste sweet treats and select a wine and chocolate pairing.
- The Discovery of Grand Marnier® – Enjoy champagne, mimosas and two decadent desserts featuring Grand Marnier. Learn how to mix your favorite drinks from expert Mixologists.
- The Mr. Food® Watermelon Patch – Visit a real watermelon patch and learn about this juicy summertime fruit from The National Watermelon Promotion Board. Discover fun facts and how to grow your own watermelon patch from Mr. Food.
- Sampling at the Festival Center Wine Shop – Sample a variety of wines, learn about the types, colors and flavors from a multitude of beverage companies.
Admission to the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival, September 28-November 12, 2012, is included with Theme Park admission to Epcot®. Cuisine at the international marketplaces is served tapas-style and is available to sample for a small fee. Experiences may also require an additional fee. Please note alcoholic beverages will only be served to guests ages 21 and older. Click here for more information and a full festival overview.
September 10th, 2012
The popular Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Park, Epcot® received its name from Walt Disney’s concept of the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow where new ideas and technology could be showcased and tested in a dynamic “community of the future.” Beginning September 17, you can see Walt’s ideas firsthand during the “Keep Moving Forward: See the World, Share the Dream Segway Tour” at Epcot®. Navigate your very own Segway through World Showcase to explore the theme park through Walt’s vision for a better tomorrow.
“Keep Moving Forward” lasts three hours and includes a Segway training lesson, breakfast at Sunshine Seasons, an in-depth tour along the 1.3-mile Epcot® World Showcase and an exclusive Disney pin. Admission is $99, plus tax, for guests ages 16 and older. Beginners are welcome. Epcot® Theme Park admission is required. Click here for more information.
August 31st, 2012
Do you enjoy collecting and trading Disney Vinylmation™ and pins? Then you won’t want to miss a second of the exciting, stupendous and amazing Disney Trade Celebration 2012 – Mickey’s Circus! September 7-9, play your part in a Vinylmation™ and pin trading “sideshow” in World ShowPlace at Epcot®.
Whether you’re just starting a collection of your own or looking to find some rare and unique items, be prepared to be amazed at the greatest Disney trade celebration on earth! Items available at Disney Trade Celebration 2012 are themed with a “Mickey’s Circus” motif in celebration of the new Storybook Circus area at Magic Kingdom® Park.
The Pin Trading Showcase, September 7-8, offers:
- Pin trading
- First looks and opportunities to pre-purchase limited edition pins
- Trading activities and games
- Silent auction
- Meet-and-greets with Disney pin merchandisers and artists
- Special commemorative gifts
In addition, pin traders can sign-up to be treated to an exclusive Opening Acts Breakfast or Big Top Desserts Reception (separate admission required). Click here for more information about the Pin Trading Showcase.
The Vinylmation™ Showcase, September 9, features:
- Vinylmation™ trading
- Opportunities to purchase commemorative Vinylmation™ Figures
- Trading activities and games
- Silent auction
- Meet-and-greets with Disney Vinylmation™ merchandisers and artists
- Limited edition Mrs. Jumbo and Dumbo Vinylmation™ Figure gift
Click here for more information about the Vinylmation™ Showcase. Please note guests who wish to attend each event must complete a separate registration and admission payment. Registration is required for both events. Click here for more information and packages.
August 22nd, 2012
Summertime is a popular time of the year to get outside and enjoy outdoor activities. If you’d like a fitness goal to work towards, why not spend the summer training for the upcoming Disney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend, February 22-24, 2013? Yesterday, July 10, registration officially opened for the 5th Anniversary of Disney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend, cordially inviting you to sign-up to participate in some regal races.
Disney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend presents a schedule of exciting events and races geared towards women including the Disney Royal Family 5K for the entire family, runDisney Kids Races, Disney’s Fit for a Princess Expo, Disney’s Princess Half Marathon and more. Do you think you have the commitment, discipline, perseverance and determination to be a princess? Grab your friends and prove it by signing up for the 13.1-mile Half Marathon, winding through the Magic Kingdom® Park and Epcot®. Along the way, receive royal treatment and encouragement with on-course entertainment and refreshments. With 2013 marking the 5th Anniversary of Disney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend, some surprises are in store. Runners who cross the finish line will receive a commemorative 5th Anniversary finisher’s medal featuring a princess tiara theme.
If you’re ready to lace up your glass slippers and see if you’re “fit” to be a princess, click here to learn more and register for Disney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend races. You can also find tips to help you get started and resources for training, fitness and more. To learn about other upcoming runDisney events and races to train for, click here.
July 11th, 2012
A fusion of fitness and food, registration is open for the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon. Race an invigorating half marathon finishing at Epcot® followed by delicious cuisine at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival. The nighttime event takes place Saturday, November 10, allowing you a unique opportunity for a runner’s night out.
Register before the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon fills up! On event day at 10 p.m., race-off in the Half Marathon that twists and turns through three Walt Disney World Resort® Theme Parks. Along the way, be encouraged by world-class Disney entertainment motivating you towards the finish line. After the race, treat yourself to the ultimate reward – enjoy exclusive after-hour admission to the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival just for race participants. Sample and savor delicious food and beverages from international kiosks throughout the Epcot® World Showcase. Spend the evening partying and celebrating your success for a job well done!
Click here to register for the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon. Registration is 82 percent full so register early to secure your spot. Special discounts may also be available for participants who register early. Click here for more information
July 3rd, 2012
It’s time to start training! Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend is planned for January 10-13, 2013. If you haven’t already, now’s the time to register for a weekend of “magical” races. Challenge yourself to the 26.2-mile Walt Disney World® Marathon through all the Theme Parks, the less strenuous 13.1-mile Walt Disney World® Half Marathon or enjoy the Disney Family Fun Run. For experienced runners, test your endurance and sign-up for Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge where you’ll compete in both the half marathon and marathon. Whether you’re a first-time race runner or veteran, you’ll find a race that fits your skill level. There are even special runDisney races just for kids!
Scheduled races include:
Thursday, January 10
runDisney Kids’ Races
Friday, January 11
Disney Family Fun Run 5K
runDisney Kids’ Races
Saturday, January 12
Walt Disney World® Half Marathon
Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge
runDisney Kids’ Races
Sunday, January 13
Walt Disney World® Marathon
Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge
Registration is open for all races. However, registration for Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge is currently 67 percent full. Be sure to register early. Click here for race times, registration information and more.
In conjunction with Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend, a variety of special events will be presented. Visit the Disney’s Health & Fitness Expo where runners and non-runners alike can learn about training, racing, fitness, nutrition and more. At the Pasta in the Park Parties, relax, recharge and refuel before your big race. At the conclusion of Marathon Weekend on Sunday, celebrate your accomplishments or the accomplishments of family and friends at the Downtown Disney® After Party. Click here for more information. Register today and get moving!
June 7th, 2012
Can you hear it? It’s the rockin’ sounds of summer coming to you and your family through talented tribute bands playing your favorite hits live at the America Gardens Theater in World Showcase at Epcot®. June 10 through July 28, the Sounds Like Summer Concert Series makes “hot” summer nights sizzle courtesy of music and entertainment from seven of the most popular tribute bands.
Dance, move and tap your feet to re-creations of classic hits from the Eagles, Billy Joel, The Bee Gees, Police, U2, Bon Jovi and Lynyrd Skynyrd. With the tribute bands showing off signature moves, wearing costume replicas and impersonating band members, you’ll be amazed at the similarities – if you have ever been lucky enough to experience the actual bands perform. Some of the musicians have even played with the actual bands!
Tentative schedule of performances:
- June 10-17: Hotel California – A Salute to the Eagles
- June 18-23: Mike DelGuidice and BIG SHOT – The Ultimate Billy Joel Experience
- June 24-30: Stayin’ Alive Canada – A Tribute to The Bee Gees
- July 1-7: Slippery When Wet – The Ultimate Bon Jovi Tribute
- July 8-14: The Police Experience – A Tribute to the Police
- July 15-21: SouthBound and Company – A Tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd
- July 22-28: 2U – The World’s 2nd best U2 Show
*Please note: the schedule is subject to change without notice. Please visit the official website as the event gets closer for confirmation.
Admission to the Sounds Like Summer Concert Series at Epcot® is included with theme park admission. Concerts take place June 10-July 28 at 5:45 p.m., 7 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. Special performance times on July 4 are 5:15 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:45 p.m. and 9 p.m. Please visit the official event website to confirm dates and times prior to planning your trip.
May 18th, 2012
The O.W.C.A. (Organization Without a Cool Acronym) has recruited you and your family this summer for a super-secret mission at Walt Disney World® Resort, if you choose to accept it. At Disney Phineas & Ferb: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure, join your favorite duck-billed mammal and secret agent, Perry the Platypus, for an interactive adventure around the “world” at Epcot®.
Usually, foiling Dr. Doofenshmirtz’s latest evil plan is routine for Agent P — but this time he needs your help stopping one of the evil scientist’s most daring plots yet! At the start of the mission, you’ll receive a F.O.N.E. (Field Operative Notification Equipment) device to help you search Epcot® for clues and evil “Inators.” Traveling to Mexico, France and the other World Showcase pavilions, will you have what it takes to become a secret agent sidekick and rid the world of evil?
Disney Phineas & Ferb: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure is planned to open at Epcot® this summer and will be included with Theme Park admission. It will replace Disney’s Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure. Check the Disney Parks Blog for updates and more information.
May 1st, 2012
Looking for something a little “eggs-traordinary” this Easter? Complete your Orlando Vacation by bringing your family to the annual Easter Egg Hunt at Green Meadows Farm on March 29 – April 8. Located in Kissimmee, Green Meadows Farm is working with the Easter bunny to find the perfect hiding places for his colored eggs.
Bring a basket and race around with your kids as they search to find Easter eggs that have been carefully placed behind bales of hay, inside small structures, beside trees and wherever else the bunny thought to hide them. After the hunt, the Easter bunny himself will be available for pictures. For the first time ever, the event will also play host to a butterfly house, where young explorers can watch as these beautiful creatures fly above them.
If you plan to attend Walt Disney World® Resort on Easter Sunday, here’s a tip: the Easter bunny has been known to make an appearance just before the parade at the Magic Kingdom® Park. You can also find special Easter dining options throughout the parks and an Easter Sunday Brunch at the Epcot® World Showcase.
March 27th, 2012
Roll up your sleeves and get ready to put on your gardening gloves at this year’s Epcot® International Flower and Garden Festival. The festival runs Wednesday, March 7 through Sunday, May 20, 2012 to give you plenty of opportunities to enjoy the spectacular Disney-inspired foliage. You will find dazzling displays of themed topiaries, Flower Power concerts, HGTV designer presentations and kid-themed events along with a few surprises that will add a little extra color to your day.
- HGTV Presentations: Turn your thumb a darker shade of green and join HGTV’s renowned designers, Genevieve Gorder and John Gidding, for presentations on how to create your own fantastic garden space.
- Displays: Let Disney’s landscaping geniuses amaze you as you visit blooming gardens and stunning topiaries located throughout Epcot®. Don’t miss the English Tea Garden, Epcot® Gardens of the World and topiaries of characters including Peter Pan and Fantasia Mickey.
- Concerts: Travel back in time for the Flower Power concert series and attend live performances by The Guess Who, Chubby Checker and more popular ‘60s and ‘70s-era artists located at the America Gardens Theatre at World Showcase.
- Fun for kids: Take your children on a botanical adventure as they explore Bambi’s Butterfly House, with hundreds of native butterflies, and Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden where they can search for their favorite fairy characters in the hedges. Be sure to check out The Backyard Play Garden that offers outdoor activities for the entire family to enjoy quality time together.
- Festival Center: Open daily from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m., visit the Festival Center for tasty refreshments, gardening resources and interesting presentations.
With such a variety of displays, you can return to Epcot® multiple times and still find something new! Check out this list of themed weekends that feature different topics presented by HGTV to plan your trip accordingly. Even if you don’t have a green thumb, you will be sure to find plenty of activities that interest you.
March 5th, 2012