February 26th, 2013
From wood to clay pottery, pencil drawings to digital art, explore the entire spectrum of fine art at the Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival, March 15-17, in historic Winter Park, Florida (less than 45 minutes from Kissimmee). In its 54th year, the Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival is one of the nation’s oldest, largest and most prestigious juried outdoor art festivals, attracting 225 artists from around the world and more than 350,000 visitors. Bring the family and spend the day strolling through beautiful Central Park filled with creative masterpieces, food, entertainment and special activities for kids.
- Art – View thousands of pieces of artwork including clay, digital art, drawing and graphics, fiber, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, mixed media, painting, photography, sculpture and wood. Examine award-winning pieces and purchase art to take home with you. Speak with local, emerging and established artists; have your artwork signed and discover the inspiration behind their collections.
- Children’s Workshop Village – Do you have the next Degas, Picasso or Renoir in your family? Kids ages 2-12 are invited to visit the Children’s Workshop Village, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m., for free easel painting, arts and crafts and more! Little artists of all skill levels can show off their talents and create their own piece of unique artwork to keep and share with family and friends.
- Food – From palette to palate, sample the art of cuisine at a multitude of food concession booths featured throughout the festival. Indulge in ice cream, lobster rolls, fish -n- chips, burgers, corn dogs, chicken fingers, fries, arepas, smoothies and other tasty treats and snacks.
- Music & entertainment – Visual arts meet performing arts with a schedule of live stage performances. Move to the sounds of a jazz ensemble, pop band, brass quartet, vocal trio, acoustic ensemble and other talented singers and musicians.
- Central Park – Don’t forget to relax and take in the artistry of nature at Central Park with an oak tree canopy, dancing fountains, landscaped planters and a splendid Rose Garden.
The Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival, March 15-17, takes place in Central Park in the heart of Winter Park’s downtown shopping district. Tip: For more fun, plan to spend a couple of hours browsing the shops along Park Avenue. Festival hours are 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Friday and Saturday, and 9 p.m.-5 p.m. on Sunday. Admission is free. Click here for more information.
Leave a Comment